1/15/26
WORK:
I don't understand why it's so hard for me to break this cycle of laziness and fatigue. I really need to get on a better routine of waking up early and becoming a more productive person. Lord would you give me the capacity and strength, the diligence and desire to serve and honor you in this capacity.
LOVE:
It's been a good and interesting experience talking to someone who also has a disability.
Pros:
-We both share this foundational framework- God, our disability, and a healthy social/emotional life
-Feeling balanced in terms of what I can bring to the table. I don't feel I am as much of a burden to him/he understands this life
-He makes the effort to be supportive and encouraging, shows interest without being TOO pushy
-Gaining a new perspective on approaching dating someone with a disability --> learning to respect myself a little more?
-He’s forward and I know he wants to date for marriage
Reservations:
-From a practical standpoint- can this work out when we both have limitations? Can he carry me, wash my hair, protect me, do housework, when needed? Will I have to take care of him? I'm curious about all of this, but I don't want to bring them up or make him feel incapable.
-He's not TOO pushy, but a little (respectfully)
-My disability is not my personality, but his seems to be and I’m not sure if he wants me to emphasize that part of my identity
-Will we be attracted to each other?
Lord, if this is your will and plan for our lives, would you orchestrate that in your will and timing. My hope in marriage is that I would marry a man that loves me and is faithful and committed to me because he loves you first. Would you shape whoever is meant to be my husband with these qualities and would you grow these qualities within me as a wife. Would you prepare and equip the both of us (me + future hubby) to be married to each other. Help us to seek you in all that we do, would you purify our hearts as well. In Jesus name, Amen.
Also… the name 🧐
Lord, would you continue to work through and residual feelings I might have and use them to shape my character to be more like Yours. In Jesus name, Amen.
CHURCH:
Lord, I thank you for the honor of being asked to step up as a Youth Teacher/Shepherd. Lord if this is an open door, would you posture my heart and prepare me with Your wisdom, teaching, love, mercy, grace, and faith. Would you guide me, Sean, and any other THC members/youth parents to come alongside the students as they pursue their faith in you. Would you affirm that I should step into this role, if it is your will for me to. Would you help me to deny myself and step up in faith for the sake of Your kingdom and winning souls. In Jesus great and mighty name, Amen.
Comments
Post a Comment